How to use a webshare to access the folder from DOS Command prompt

From: Belinda (belindacur_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/17/04

Date: 17 Jun 2004 06:12:44 -0700

Hello All

I have defined a Webshare and set the access on it for anonymous
access and full control I want to access this webshare from another
Windows PC in a command prompt batch file.

I want to use the DOS copy command to access the remote webshare not
sure how to do it I tried the following:

I have serverX on which I have created a webshare called TESTFOLDER

from PC WORKSTATIONA I am trying to do the following from DOS Command
prompt:

c:\> dir "http://ServerX/TESTFOLDER"

but it does not display anything and I get a error please advise.
Also, I want to read and write from the NT workstation the remote
webshare from COmmand prompt I do not want to setup ftp or whatever.

Basically all I need is access to the remote server folder as though
it was a local directory.

I tried \\ServerX\TESTFOLDER it always prompts for a userid and
password despite having set anonymous access. Please advise how I can
disable the prompt for access I want to be able to do:

DIR \\SERVERX\TESTFOLDER.

Thanks
Belinda

Relevant Pages

  • How to access a remote NT/2000 webshare from UNIX
    ... I have defined a Webshare and set the access on it for anonymous ... Windows PC in a command prompt batch file. ... I want to use the DOS copy command to access the remote webshare not ...