W2K3 domain in DMZ

From: John Koswalski (john.koswalski_at_perfectitsolutions.nl)
Date: 06/09/04

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:46:28 +0200

I'm considering setting up a seprate forrest for our DMZ in order to
facilitate management. I'm concerned about security and I'm looking for
information and best practices for this scenario. I'm also interested in
backup scenario's ... I would like to backup to file on a central sever in
the DMZ but I'm worried about the holes this might create in the DMZ domain.
Until now all our servers have been bastion hosts who could not even
communicate well with each other. Basically we nailed 'm as shut as we
could Si this scenario is a bit of a change for us. Thx for you input.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [fw-wiz] Backup exec agent in dmz
    ... named.conf file and the zonefiles off the the NT box in the DMZ. ... on the Apache server, ... backup tape library in this DMZ and backup all your servers to the new DMZ. ... what do you really need to back up on the DNS and web servers? ...
  • Re: W2K3 domain in DMZ
    ... as each one is the gate to that entire private network. ... > Yes a single domain DMZ ... > Main concerns is getting a DMZ that we can centrally manage and backup ... > server, ...
  • Re: W2K3 domain in DMZ
    ... Is that a single DMZ that you need to implement AD in? ... pair of domain controlers and add the hosts to the domain. ... Do _not_ backup to a file that you keep on the same ...
  • Re: ssh and backups?
    ... >What I have is a machine I can ssh into from my backup server. ... >can't ssh from the DMZ machine back to the backup server. ... >method of rsync using the ssh tunnel? ...
  • [fw-wiz] Backup exec agent in dmz
    ... mail/antivirus server, a dns server, and a web server. ... I have a windows 2000 server running backup exec version 9 on the primary ... network connected to a ten thousand dollar tape loader, ... have to set up a separate backup system for the dmz computers. ...