Re: can't access applications on 2003 server

From: Laura A. Robinson [MVP] (geekwench_at_snippit.hotmail.com)
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 04:50:27 -0400

    circa Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:33:50 +0200, in
    microsoft.public.windows.server.security, JMC
    (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com) said,
    > I can''t access MS Office applications on a 2003 server unless I'm logged in
    > as administrator. How can I change these settings to allow anyone to run
    > office through terminal services? The message I get is "this feature is not
    > available. For more info, contact administrator'. I also receive this
    > message if i log on locally to the server.
    >
    > I have tried reinstalling and selecting Full install for all programs but
    > this has had no effect. All other programs work through terminal services
    > for any user. It is only MS Office that has the problem.

    What version of Office? Did you install it via Add/Remove Programs in
    Control Panel or the change user command?

    Laura

    -Oscar Wilde

    • Re: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout
      ... as long as a recognized disk controller is present. ... Install the appropriate ... > again and logon as administrator again. ... web too i have try the software to crack the password in one of my w2k server using scisi HD ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: FrontPage Extension
      ... Even though others may not recommend it, I always uninstall the FP 2000 SE before I install the FP 2002 SE ... - In Add/Remove Windows Components select IIS and in details unselect the FP 2000 SE ... Test it by opening FP and your FP 2002 SE server based web using File Open site and entering http://localhost/ ... The administrator program is too old to old to ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
    • dcdiag - not working
      ... im trying to install exchange 2003 and this is the first time i have ... I have windows server 2000 and i have got past ... bit under Administrative tools and the login administrator is there. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange2000.connectivity)
    • Re: System Admin
      ... I have a lot of XP computers and many users, which I want to manange to. ... can use the Administrator Tools package to manager computers and users, ... I want to install an software to all of these computers at the ... that I copy the install exe file to a server and shared the files, then, I ...
    • Re: System Admin
      ... "Meinolf Weber" wrote: ... Additional you can install software with scripting ... I am doing is that I copy the install exe file to a server and shared ... I want to find out some way to let system Administrator ...