folders and files got deleted

From: boaz (nospam_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/04/04

    Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:24:01 -0700

    Hi,

    I am having a big problem.
    Would you guys give me a hint please?

    This is the second time a whole bunch of folders and files got deleted from
    the NT box.
    I have no idea what is deleting the folders and files.
    I ran virus scan but it found nothing.
    Is there a log file I can check to see what is going on?

    I am thinking to set up some permission so that nobody can delete anything.
    Would you guys help me on the permission I need to set up for my problem
    please?

    Thanks.

    --
    >There is no answer.
    > There has not been an answer.
    > There will not be an answer.
    > That IS the answer!
    > And I am screwed.
    > Deadline was due yesterday.

    • Re: folders and files got deleted
      ... > Would you guys give me a hint please? ... > This is the second time a whole bunch of folders and files got deleted from ... > I have no idea what is deleting the folders and files. ... > I am thinking to set up some permission so that nobody can delete anything. ...
    • Re: Newbie - fc6 tiscali broadband Sagem modem
      ... can't get into the folders on fc6Home because I "don't have permission" ... are Read/Write and arcturus is an allowed user. ... Users $Home directory must be owned by user and not ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: Single server enviornment migration to 2003
      ... (I lost connection my old way, ... I tried to use the file server Migration Toolkit. ... I copy and pasted the folders. ... I don't have permission to that folder. ...
    • Re: BITS starts to download then quits - Update is not allowed to download due to regulation
      ... "CHECK" Display the contents of system folders. ... Review the permission on the softwaredistribution folder. ... If you are using windows XP Professional: ... In the "Group or user names" click on the Administrators to select them. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: Our server hacked and tagged. MS docs suck!
      ... The Physical disk on the remote server that holds the offending folders. ... > permission and stuff on it all way down the tree using the ...