Re: KB840374 won't install in SBS

From: Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP] (jmaltz_at_mvps.org)
Date: 05/14/04

    Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:13:14 -0400

    Hi,

    I'd try the SBS 2003 newsgroup, microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

    --
    --Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server, Virtual PC]
    http://www.visualwin.com - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step
    "Friendly Curt" <friendly_curt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > After updating our SBS I got the following error message at the last
    update:

    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Automatic Updates
    > Event Category: Installation
    > Event ID: 20
    > Date:  5/14/2004
    > Time:  7:49:02 AM
    > User:  N/A
    > Computer: XPMX1
    > Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update.
    > - Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB840374)
    >
    > I downloaded the update to run it manually and after I trying, whether in
    > regular or safe mode, I get the popup:
    >
    > "KB840374 Setup Error"
    > "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure
    the
    > Cryptographic service is running on this computer."
    >
    > The crypto service is running and I also start getting error 454 saying:
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: ESENT
    > Event Category: Logging/Recovery
    > Event ID: 454
    > Date:  5/14/2004
    > Time:  8:47:15 AM
    > User:  N/A
    > Computer: XPMX1
    > Catalog Database (1048) Catalog Database: Database recovery/restore failed
    > with unexpected error -539.
    >
    > After which I restart WINS and it runs fine. Any suggestions will be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Curt

    • Re: Logon screen fails after inst SP2,SBS2003, after events 1058 a
      ... Do you try to reapply the Windows Server 2003 sp2 on SBS? ... mark the checkbox before "Hide All Microsoft ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: SBS 2003 Updates and Problems
      ... Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... Check if the problem occurs after you install the Windows Server 2003 ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Map Printer in Remote Desktop Connection
      ... Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... find the local printer in China from the remote desktop. ... running Windows Server 2003 on your local computer because they use DOT4 ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Windows Server 2003 R2?
      ... > Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... With Windows Server 2003 R2, ... you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: DNS and email problem
      ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... our remote outgoing mail server as discussed, Comcast ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)