Certificate Services: Web Enrollment Pages on another computer

From: Mariano (xmarv_at_inwind.it)
Date: 04/26/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:05:45 +0200

    Configuration
    -CA (enterprise CA) is installed on a pc (PC1) with Windows Server 2003
    Enterprise Edition (this computer is Domain Controller);
    -Web Enrollment Pages are installed on a host computer (PC2) member of
    domain;

    When I launch web enrollment pages from PC2 (http://localhost/certsrv) all
    works fine!
    when I launch web enrollment pages from PC3 (pc3 is not member of the
    domain) authenticating me with a domain account, I can navigate web pages
    but when I request a certificate the following error occurs:

    Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing your
    request.

    Contact your administrator for further assistance.

    Request Mode:
    newreq - New Request
    Disposition:
    (never set)
    Disposition message:
    (none)
    Result:
    Access is denied. 0x80070005 (WIN32: 5)
    COM Error Info:
    CCertRequest::Submit Access is denied. 0x80070005 (WIN32: 5)
    LastStatus:
    The operation completed successfully. 0x0 (WIN32: 0)
    Suggested Cause:
    The Certification Authority Service has not been started.

    In event viewer (system) of PC2 there is:

    DCOM got error "General access denied error " from the computer
    computername.domainname when attempting to activate the server:
    {D99E6E74-FC88-11D0-B498-00A0C90312F3}

    Help me.
    Thanks.

    Mariano.