Re: Web Publish

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 04/13/04

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:32:23 +1000

?!?

Secure against what?

There's WebDAV, there's Frontpage Server Extensions. There's FTP as well.
What do you want to secure yourself against?

Cheers
Ken

"skech" <bunu_silin.skech@seker.zzn.com> wrote in message
: How to configure Win 2003 security for web publish? FSO, Non-sesion vs.
:
: Thanks
:
:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How 2 secure PC-PC data transfer
    ... The assumption that you are going to open your machine to attack is one of the worst ideas ... I have no idea what you mean by "not that secure". ... connecting a parallel port cable from PC to PC will work. ... If you have a front-end software that blocks all incoming FTP requests from the WAN (look ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: How many CALs do I need?
    ... > FTP Server: Box will have FTP. ... > 1 login name and password that everyone would share. ... > Secure Web Pages: Our website will have a 'secure' section that you must ... > logging in at any given time, but it will all be under the same account ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • How many CALs do I need?
    ... FTP Server: Box will have FTP. ... login name and password that everyone would share. ... Secure Web Pages: Our website will have a 'secure' section that you must ... logging in at any given time, but it will all be under the same account ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: [OT] M$ collaborates with Suse
    ... Most hosting facilities do allow FrontPage and/or FTP access...FrontPage ... Remote Administration to an actual server can be done with a Terminal ... Secure Administration on the inside can be done with Scripting. ... decent free SSH Servers out there for Windows and I like freeSSHd. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Folder sharing and ZA
    ... rather than have a shared folder you could set up either an FTP ... server or Web server on your machine. ... but be aware that regular FTP isn't very secure - passwords can be ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)