Re: All patches, but still exploited

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran.nospam_at_naplesgov.com)
Date: 04/12/04

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:51:27 GMT

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:01:17 -0700, "Greg" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>"Jeff Cochran" <jcochran.nospam@naplesgov.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:32:55 -0700, "Greg" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>> Then you have to accept the risks involved with your choices. Namely,
>> removing added security protection from IE and using the Administrator
>> account while doing so.
>>
>> Jeff
>
>Nice, but that's not acceptable. I NEVER had this problem with Windows XP,
>which I ran since the January before it was public.

Did you go to the same exact site as you did with Server 2003?

>What exactly makes IE
>under Windows 2003 more at risk? Why shouldn't Microsoft be responsible for
>flaws in THEIR software? Avoiding the flaws and blaming a Web surfer is NOT
>the way to resolve probelms. If this was the case then why has Microsoft
>released patches to fix security flaws in IE?

Microsoft secured the browser in Server 2003. You actively
circumvented that security. How is Microsoft supposed to protect you
when you undo what they have done?

>Don't attack me. I posted here to find out if there was specific MS link to
>provide them with URLs that they can investigate for a possible flaw in IE,
>not to be told that it's my fault because I didn't use extra heavy duty
>annoyance protection.

Not attacking you at all. Simply pointing out that you're looking for
a flaw that you may have inadvertently or purposefully introduced
yourself. Otherwise, see:

http://register.microsoft.com/contactus30/contactus.asp?domain=security

Jeff

Relevant Pages