Re: permission denied on overwriting files (2003)

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 04/10/04

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:09:58 -0700

So what part of "Create Files/Write Data" is it that makes
you believe this means delete files ? When you overwrite
a file with another you delete the overwritten.
Have you tried making sure that Append Data and also
Delete are granted for Files Only ?

--
Roger Abell
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4)  MCDBA
"DenoxiS" <google@deniznet.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems on this new 2003 server. I have several web sites
> on this server. For each site I opened an FTP account and an admin
> account. Basically, you can reach to each web site via FTP with their
> FTP accounts, and you can access to their password protected folders
> with their admin accounts. Even though I gave all the permissions, I
> still get "permission denied" error on overwriting the files. With
> FTP, for example, I have to delete first to upload a file. Also in the
> password protected folders, after the admin password is entered, an
> ASP page can create a file but cannot overwrite the existing file. It
> also returns "permission denied". When I delete the file from server
> and refresh the page it creates OK.
>
> I checked the Effective Permissions for these FTP and admin accounts
> on the necessary folders. Create Files/Write Data is checked. I also
> double checked if there is any related group that will overrule the
> permissions. The Administrator login works everywhere, but the ones I
> opened gives me the trouble. What else I am missing?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> ~D

Relevant Pages

  • permission denied on overwriting files (2003)
    ... For each site I opened an FTP account and an admin ... you can reach to each web site via FTP with their ... FTP accounts, and you can access to their password protected folders ... Even though I gave all the permissions, ...
  • Re: FTP Login
    ... I have configured ftp servers in IIS many times and it does not behave ... consistently with regard to ntfs permissions with domain user accounts. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • ProFTPd and proper upload perms
    ... I'm trying to setup my first proftpd server. ... shell accounts don't need ftp access. ... I've been able to create separate ftp user accounts using ... get uploads to work unless the permissions are set to 777. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: help with 2003 ftp
    ... Did you disable anonymous authentication in FTP? ... to accept anonymous logon only and the permissions on the folders do not ... > can test by looking to the local server and try my accounts and everything ...
  • [NEWS] www.address.com Account Hijacking Vulnerability
    ... overwrite existing accounts. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)