Stop Installation or Changing -- Please Help!!!

From: Joe Hardin (spepa_at_c-gate.net)
Date: 03/31/04

    Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:01:29 -0600

    I have a Windows 2000 server network and I'm locking down the Win 2K and XP
    workstations sucessfully. I can prevent the users from changing their
    desktops and screensavers by using a GPO. However, if they go to any
    websites that offer an option to change their desktops they are able to
    execute the links and make the change that way. I also have applied a GPO
    that prevents Windows installer from running and it prevents setup.exe or
    install.exe from running. But I haven't found a way to prevent an internet
    link or download from changing the desktop or screen saver. How can I stop
    this????

    Also, for MS Office 2k or above, is there a way to position the shortcut bar
    and lock it into that postion to prevent the user from dragging it to
    another side or changing it?

    Thanks so much for your help,

    Joe Hardin
    spepa@c-gate.net

    • Re: Time travel comic strip follies
      ... people are with computers and high tech gizmos when they ... Take Windows 8, for example. ... Anecdotal evidence isn't. ... with plenty who actually have desktops ...
      (rec.arts.sf.written)
    • Re: Time travel comic strip follies
      ... When you get really good with your high tech ... Windows a lot hate it. ... with plenty who actually have desktops ... The home computer users that were clearly being discussed. ...
      (rec.arts.sf.written)
    • Re: Active Directory Domain on Ubuntu
      ... problem...they will see that Linux desktops would be easier to manage ... Windows Movie Maker 2.1, software used by the special needs team. ... I previously had test boxes in the library for the kids before the use ... but in the end I had to scrap the Ubuntu + Windows in vm setup because ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Stop Installation or Changing -- Please Help!!!
      ... I have a Windows 2000 server network and I'm locking down the Win 2K and XP ... desktops and screensavers by using a GPO. ... I also have applied a GPO ... link or download from changing the desktop or screen saver. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)