Re: Event viewer log

From: Aaron (dciph4_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/22/04

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:37:39 -0600

It is normal, there is no one breaking in to your system. The computer
itself uses that account to connect. When you join a computer to a domain,
the computer itself becomes an item that must also "log in" to the domain.

"Thorpe" <p_wyatt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have loooked through my event viewer security logs and noticed that an
> account has logged on that I dont know about when I looked at the user
> accounts that user did not exists. The account was in the form of
> <computername>$
>
> Does the dollar mean that the account is hidden? How can someone login
with
> an account which does not show in users.
> The machine was windows XP

Relevant Pages

  • Event viewer log
    ... I have loooked through my event viewer security logs and noticed that an ... account has logged on that I dont know about when I looked at the user ...
  • Weakness introduced by denying remote logins on AIX, possibly others
    ... AIX 4.3.3 and AIX 5.1, ... is possible to remotely enumerate the passwords of a known AIX account. ... believed to be in the response from the login program after authentication ... Give accounts that have been restricted from remote logins strong passwords. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: AD Security Groups break Authentication
    ... I can do a domain login using my own account & a couple others, but one specific account can't login. ... My ping testing showed that 1430 was the highest MTU setting that wouldn't result in fragmentation. ... As soon as the network engineers changed the MTU from the default of 1500 to 1400, all domain traffic stopped and they detected a ton of errors, so we restored the MTU to 1500. ...
  • Re: Please! Doesnt anyone know a better way to do this?
    ... account, they need to automatically be directed to the page to enter data ... session variable on the Account page. ... I assume here that you're checking a database when the user attempts to ... When a new user attempts to login or clicks to register, ...
  • Need example of working PAM.CONF file that enables ssh login using winbind and AD
    ... login into my system using ssh. ... (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth) ... # Default definitions for Authentication management ... cron account required ...
    (SunManagers)