Re: Dupilcate Template Denied

From: rav (ravburano_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/17/04

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:05:50 -0000

Thanks!
"Paul Adare - MVP - Microsoft Virtual PC" <padare@newsguy.com> wrote in
message news:MPG.1ac0bb8f28987a9e9898c2@msnews.microsoft.com...
> In article <uh$XkkzCEHA.684@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, in the
> microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, rav
> <ravburano@hotmail.com> says...
>
> > The problem is that if I log into the machine hosting the CA as a member
> > with the "Manage CA" permission and I atempt to duplicate a template i
get
> > access is denied. Can someone tell me what permissions are need to
duplicate
> > a template, I would have thought that the "Manage CA" permission would
allow
> > someone to manage the CA!
> >
> > Also i found that the local admin (even though I have removed the local
> > admin account and the administrators group from the CA security
properties)
> > can duplicate the template. Whats going on? Are CA templates not part of
CA
> > administration?
> >

> Template management is not one of the four Common Criteria roles defined
> for a CA.
> To allow someone to manage templates you must grant them Full Control to
> the following containers:
>
> Services\Public Key Services\Certificate Templates
> Services\Public Key Services\OID
>
> In addition, since inheritance is not enabled for the Certificate
> Templates container, you should also grant them Full Control on all of
> the existing templates.
>
> More details can be found here - http://www.microsoft.com/pki
>

> --
> Paul Adare
> Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.
> H. G. Wells, The Wife of Sir Isaac Harman

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dupilcate Template Denied
    ... > microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, rav ... > To allow someone to manage templates you must grant them Full Control to ...
  • Re: Dupilcate Template Denied
    ... microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, rav ... Can someone tell me what permissions are need to duplicate ... Are CA templates not part of CA ... Templates container, you should also grant them Full Control on all of ...
  • Re: List Files
    ... Once a tab control has more ... eight folders you should probably be looking for a different metaphor. ... doing so far is providing a list of the files and subfolders in my Templates ... John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: List Files
    ... Thanks for your comments regarding the tab control. ... reason why you shouldn't create a reasonable number of tabs and hide the ... eight folders you should probably be looking for a different metaphor. ... I don't just want this for my templates - I am creating this database ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • RE: Immediate v. Delayed Delegation of Properties in CompositeControls
    ... Turns out that for some unknown magic reason ControlBuilder parses ITemplate ... properties FIRST, then Attributes, then Complex properties, then bound ... control I was working on was more complex and had more templates going on, ... So what was happening is that it is seeing 'Templates' as a Complex property ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols)