Re: Permissions not copying

From: ZippyV (dont_at_mail.me)
Date: 03/16/04

    Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:14:25 +0100

    Thanks for your answer.
    I wasn't scared. Just some pain in my chest, nothing special.

    "Derek Melber [MVP]" <derekm@braincore.net> schreef in bericht
    > LOL!
    >
    > Didn't mean to scare you! Use Scopy, it will allow you to also take
    > permissions along for the ride:-).
    >
    > --
    > Derek Melber
    > BrainCore.Net
    > derekm@braincore.net
    > "ZippyV" <dont@mail.me> wrote in message
    > > Nooooooooooo, Is there really no other way to copy those permissions
    too?

    > > "Derek Melber [MVP]" <derekm@braincore.net> schreef in bericht
    > > > when you copy files and folders to new volumes, they inherit the
    > > permissions
    > > > of the target volume folder.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Derek Melber
    > > > BrainCore.Net
    > > > derekm@braincore.net
    > > > "ZippyV" <dont@mail.me> wrote in message
    > > > the
    > the

    • Re: Move pagefile to faster drive ?
      ... paging file on the volume, so permissions are irrelevant. ... lol, he's a lot closer than you are! ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: IT engineer resets password without permission to get access
      ... playing with file/directory security settings and accidently removed all/nearly access permissions, (LOL, often including his own) - when those files need to be accessed by others and/or the backup system. ... If the user isn't there to put things right - the sysadmin can only set the permissions back by taking ownership of the file/directories - or by logging on as the user and changing permissions there. ... OS-related ideas from the unix world, I wonder why they didn't also ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: IT engineer resets password without permission to get access
      ... all/nearly access permissions, (LOL, often including his own) - when ... the permissions back by taking ownership of the file/directories - or ... OS-related ideas from the unix world, I wonder why they didn't also ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: Best way to gain root privileges
      ... permissions. ... learn SElinux. ... Who has, LOL! ... PhD in computer security' guide I'm sure we'd all be very grateful:) ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Transferring Permissions.
      ... Gives you owner and permission support like the older SCopy. ... They folded scopy's features into Xcopy a while back. ... etc) and preserve the permissions on those folders? ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)