Re: Delphi service wont run on Windows Server 2003

From: Jos (jdbruijn76_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/16/04

    Date: 16 Mar 2004 01:02:34 -0800

    > Possible way to check (not tested on 2003..) - get your customer to start
    > the Services applet, and change the username/password to a user that can
    > access the share. If it can now access the file, then it's a permissions
    > problem. I've seen this on Win2000..

    I'm pretty sure it is security related.

    When I make all the settings local (so the BDE is accessed through
    c:\myApp\BDE) my service works normal, under SYSTEM account.

    When I run the service and try to access the BDE through S:\BDE (s is
    mapped to c:\myApp and I run the application under the NETWORK SERVICE
    account.
    I ran into a couple of problems: first of all some registry settings
    were not accessable for the NETWORK SERVICE, so I changed the
    permissions and fixed this issue.
    The next problem is that the service cannot access the files in
    S:\BDE, but the NETWORK SERVICE has full controll on the Share and on
    the files. Any idea?

    Jos

    • Re: Delphi service wont run on Windows Server 2003
      ... If it can now access the file, then it's a permissions ... > When I make all the settings local (so the BDE is accessed through ... > c:\myApp\BDE) my service works normal, under SYSTEM account. ... > mapped to c:\myApp and I run the application under the NETWORK SERVICE ...
    • Re: enableSessionState Error in /Remote
      ... Check permissions on the following directory. ... It's possible the Network Service account doesn't have the needed ... Check to see that the Local Service and Network Service ... Everything is standard except the DHCP server which is on a Seperate> box. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Companyweb quit working
      ... These permissions: ... Let's make sure the Local Service and Network Service ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ... >>>> Sounds like the Network Service account doesn't have the needed ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Cant access intranet site from Remote Web Workplace
      ... What permissions do you have on the following directory? ... Check to see that the Local Service and Network Service ... configuration file located in the root directory of the current web ... The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Network service default permissions
      ... In general ACL permissions are inhirited by parent ... 1-I went to a non system partition, and check the ACL ... Network service was not listed there; ... creator owner permissions in my "web application folders" to prevent that). ...