Re: revoke change permissions?

From: Derek Melber [MVP] (derekm_at_braincore.net)
Date: 03/11/04

    Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:00:26 -0700

    You are right Laura, but this was a far cry from having it at your
    fingertips like 2003 provides!

    --
    Derek Melber
    BrainCore.Net
    "Laura A. Robinson [MVP]" <geekwench@snippit.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <eo7OtltBEHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, derekm@braincore.net
    > says...
    > > I don't know of any change surrounding this... only that you can now in
    2003
    > > force ownership on someone, where in 2k you had to "take it".
    > >
    > Actually, you have *always* been able to "give" ownership away on NTFS
    > volumes (for example, by using subinacl). Windows XP and Windows Server
    > 2003, however, simply expose this capability via the GUI.
    >
    > Laura

    • Re: User ID Login prompt
      ... I'm on a Windows Server. ... >Hi Laura, ... >> I would like to create a page were our clients can log ... >> automatically taken to their secure client site? ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
    • Re: Problem with Win98 Clients
      ... Have you enabled SMB signing on the 98 machine? ... Laura ... I can't find any DSClient installer on my Windows Server 2003 CD. ...
    • RE: DACLS for software distribution points...
      ... Actually, in a default Windows Server 2003 *domain*, the Everyone group does ... Laura ... DACLS for software distribution points... ... this behavior can be configured through Group Policy ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Restrict an account to IE only?
      ... Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP ... > Is there a way I can create an new account for a user on Windows Server ... > and the only thing that user can do is run Internet Explorer? ...
    • Re: cluster windows server
      ... Windows Server 2003 Clustering Services: ... articles to get you started. ... Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP ...