RE: Event ID: 529 showing up in the security log

From: Jack Wang [MSFT] (jackwa_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/05/04

    Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:12:52 GMT

    Hi Eric,

    Thank you for posting here.

    The event shows that there is a fail logon event because that the server
    doesn't recognize the user name or there is a bad password. Could you let
    me know the issue you encountered in detail?

    For more information, I suggest you refer to the following article for
    possible causes of the event.

    290706 Cannot Automatically Log on Remotely to Terminal Server with Long
    User
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290706

    272594 Problems logging on to a Windows 2000-based server or a Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=272594

    Hope this helps!

    Sincerely,
    Jack Wang, MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
    Microsoft Partner Support

    from your issue.

    --------------------
    | From: "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu>
    | Subject: Event ID: 529 showing up in the security log
    | Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:49:44 -0500
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.security
    |
    | What can cause this event to show up in the event log? What can I look
    | for?
    |
    | --
    | Eric Sabo
    | NT Administrator

    • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49
      ... Subject: SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49 ... Microsoft Windows NNTP Denial of Service Vulnerability ... Microsoft IIS SSI Buffer Overrun Privelege Elevation Vulnerability ... Microsoft ISA Server H.323 Memory Leak Denial of Service... ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #154
      ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ISS RealSecure Server Sensor SSL Denial Of Service Vulnerabi... ... Roger Wilco Remote Server Side Buffer Overrun Vulnerability ... available for Microsoft Windows operating systems. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #77
      ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Novell GroupWise Web Root Disclosure Vulnerability ... Microsoft Windows NT Security Policy Bypass Vulnerability ... CVS Server Global Variable Denial Of Service Vulnerability ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: after installing KB011829 OWA is not working anymore
      ... Windows Vista or IE 7.0 no longer includes support for the ActiveX control ... The resolution for this issue is to install hotfix KB 911829. ... and to the back-end server. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #153
      ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ZoneAlarm Random UDP Flood Denial Of Service Vulnerability ... FloosieTek FTGatePro Mail Server Path Disclosure Vulnerabili... ... Microsoft Windows NetBIOS Name Service Reply Information Lea... ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)