Re: Default Administrator lockout

From: Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 02/25/04

    Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:23:52 -0700

    Beginning with XP the built-in Administrator account can
    be made to function as a fail-safe admin login for a safe
    mode boot only.

    "burano" <ravburano@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have got the default administrator account (it is not a renamed account
    or
    > anything like it, the SID is correct) on a Windows 2003 DC to lock out.
    > Aanyone else have this at all? Thought it was impossible to do as it is a
    > backdoor.
    > Thanks

    • Re: Access to Outlook.pst Folder Denied
      ... Try the following while logged on as the Administrator account (if ... Under the Folder Option => View menu in Explorer, ... (may not be necessary in safe mode). ... and that I don't have permission. ...
    • Re: File sharing
      ... Sharing can be turned on/off from the Administrator account in Safe ... the preferred method. ... Yes, you are missing something. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Stolen server with Windows 2003
      ... microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, Marlin Todd ... > password for the administrator account! ... > Can we be assured that our information is safe? ...
    • Re: Administrator visible in SafeMode but in Normal
      ... I noticed all these applications are visible in Safe Mode's ... I have applications visible in Safe Mode in Normal Mode? ... If so know that the built in Administrator account will be hidden when another account with admin privileges is created. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: problem with admin logon cuse admin disable
      ... > mode will not lift the restriction. ... booting into Safe Mode lifts the Administrator account ...