Re: User lockout and then Auto Logoff

From: Torgeir Bakken (MVP) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 02/23/04

    Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:14:17 +0100

    Peter Parker wrote:

    > purplehaz wrote:
    > > I use it with user/password and when I change my password (every 30 days)
    > > I just change the password on the task at the same time.
    >
    > How do you do this on (30+) machines? Is there a way to make it a service?

    Hi

    I suggest you create a user with a fixed password for just this task (but
    see my link in my other post in this thread about the issue the builtin
    shutdown.exe have with this).

    --
    torgeir
    Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

    • Re: Remote WMI problem...Permission Denied:getobject
      ... Set SWBemlocator = CreateObject ... >I am a scripting newbie. ... > const CONVERSION_FACTOR = 1047586 ... > resources back and forth from both machines. ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: User lockout and then Auto Logoff
      ... Peter Parker wrote: ... > How do you do this on machines? ... Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: User lockout and then Auto Logoff
      ... Peter Parker wrote: ... > How do you do this on machines? ... Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    • Re: 0x8024402C/Proxycfg
      ... I continually get the 0x8024402C error and though I have little hair left am about to pull it all out! ... I have read each thread, tried all suggested fixes, with the exception of the proxycfg -d piece. ... A number of the machines give me a message that proxycfg.exe is an invalid name, that it doesn't exist on the machines. ... torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Synchronize Folders
      ... > So users can login to different machines and still have their Favorites ... Robocopy.exe will work fine on Win2k, WinXP and Win2k3 Server. ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)