Re: Batch loading users from text file and RD security issue...

From: Marty Hammerman (martyhammerman_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/13/04

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 06:59:53 -0500

nonsensenam@hotmail.com wrote:
> 1. I just set up a new stand-alone server with W2003 Web Edition . With NT 4
> I was able to create a text file with all the users, (~130) and load them at
> once. Is there a way to do this with W2003?
>
> 2. I started using remote desktop, (very cool, better than PCAnywhere,) and
> I'm logging in to session 0, (console.) I have the local security policy set
> to not display the last user name, and it doesn't do so when logging in at
> the server, however, the last user name appears when logging in to the
> remote desktop. Remember, I'm logging in as console. Why does the last user
> name still appear? How can I prevent it? And, are there any significant
> issues using RD to connect remotely to a server over the Internet?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Scott G.

Scott,

The best tool we have found for automated user creation is ldifde . Its
not too tough to create a properly formatted import file and then you
simply use the ldifde tool to import the flat *.ldf file. We are able to
import around 30,000 users in just under 2 hours this way.

Marty

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote Desktop to server takes 5+ minutes to disconnect
    ... Problem updating the profile? ... > When logging off of server through remote desktop, ... > connecting to more than one specific server. ...
  • Remote Desktop to server takes 5+ minutes to disconnect
    ... When logging off of server through remote desktop, ... minutes to actually disconnect. ...
  • Batch loading users from text file and RD security issue...
    ... I started using remote desktop, and ... I'm logging in to session 0, I have the local security policy set ... I'm logging in as console. ... issues using RD to connect remotely to a server over the Internet? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Batch loading users from text file and RD security issue...
    ... I started using remote desktop, and ... I'm logging in to session 0, I have the local security policy set ... I'm logging in as console. ... issues using RD to connect remotely to a server over the Internet? ...
  • Re: RDP Sessions not "disconnecting"
    ... You can logon to the Console as Admin and Disconnect instead of logging off and this will leave Admin logged on to Synch Act and will leave 2 more Remote slots open. ... The other choice is to disconnect from a normal session as Admin instead of Logging off and when you connect again you will resume your session. ... server based apps - she also hits it from remote. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)