Re: Unable to load an ActiveX control

From: David Cross [MS] (dcross_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:34:26 -0800

activeX requires admin or power user privelege to install

--
David B. Cross [MS]
http://support.microsoft.com
"Arthur" <arthuryousif@centurytel.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We have an application that runs in Terminal Services.  The users log in
and
> load the app and use it.  They view their reports via an ActiveX control
> viewer that we've customized.
>
> Their windows profile doesn't seem to allow them access to load the
control
> so they get the usuall "unsupported function..." message when the
> application tries to load it under their user profile.  If we make the
users
> all administrators, then it works fine.
>
> Any words of wisdom from the security experts out there?  Any settings or
> policies we should be looking at?  I'm not the security guy but one of the
> developers.  Our security folks can't seem to figure this one out and your
> help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much.
>
> We're running Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition with the latest service
> pack/fixes.
>
> Arthur

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security says javascript mouseovers are Dangerous ????
    ... > I had a similar situtation with local HTML files used as custom start ... >security feature: ... >> dangerous activeX blah blah blah, so I have to 'allow' my own page to load ... >> There is *no* activeX or flash on this page. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Unable to load an ActiveX control
    ... We have an application that runs in Terminal Services. ... Their windows profile doesn't seem to allow them access to load the control ... Any words of wisdom from the security experts out there? ...
  • Unable to load ActiveX control
    ... We have an application that runs in Terminal Services. ... Their windows profile doesn't seem to allow them access to load the control ... Any words of wisdom from the security experts out there? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Windows XP updates
    ... I get a pop-up that says my security is set too high to ... down load the updates. ... Also the ActiveX should be enabled. ... can not down load the items. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Embedding Simple MFC GUI app into website
    ... particular technology is "evil" goes beyond common sense and increases ... his denouncement of ActiveX and Java (and Flash, ... ActiveX, in particular, is an antipattern for security. ... Since you must obtain a certificate for code signing from the trusted ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)