Re: Win2000 Directory Security

From: John Losey (loseyjf_at_NOSPAM-comcast.net)
Date: 01/14/04

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:42:00 -0800

If you are a domain admin, and the machine is part of the domain, then NO.
As a Domain Admin, you can grant yourself the necessary access to give
yourself ownership/permissions on ANY file or folder on ANY domain member
(though it may take some work and knowledge on your part to accomplish that,
but it CAN be done).

John

"JD" <Summer79@GTE.Net> wrote in message
> Howdy
>
> I am administering a win 2000 IIS server remotely. Along with ISAPI dll's
> and
> SQL Server.
>
> There is one directory on this server that the owner does not want anyone
> to have access to.
>
> Is there anyway for me to have complete domain admin rights and yet still
> deny me
> access to that one directory?
>
> It's almost a weekly event for me to have to call the IS guy to get him to
> change my settings as the domain admin for 5 minutes so I can complete a
> task.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit) Permissions Issues?
    ... under the domain admin account, chose to run the tasks whether or not ... 2000 and Windows 2003 Server. ... when I'm logged off the console. ...
  • Re: Domain Admins Not Fully In Local Administrators
    ... ONLY REQUIRED ON THIS NEW SERVER WITH WINDOWS 2003! ... Windows 2003 domain controllers ... Domain Admin can login into the server "A" ... Domain Admin group is listed in local Administrators group ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Server Security
    ... In my opinion you want accountability for administrators and each administrator ... "The" administrator account should not be used and given a very long ... make sure that if there is sensitive information on that server, ... > name with domain admin rights on each. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Exchange 2000 containers (Fields) not showing up in active directory!!
    ... Don't need to log on with a domain admin ID. ... exchange should be done, there is a chapter in the up and coming Windows Server ... Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ... >>be managing users directly from domain controllers, ...
  • Re: How can I prevent a TS user from TS or RDP to another server?
    ... And why do they need to be a Domain Admin in order to ... on the one server, then you can use standard methods of the ... to control where that domain user account may be used. ... I just want them to be able to TS or RDP to this box only and if they ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)