Permissions for IIS 6.0 web site

From: Peter Bernhardt (peter_at_SharpSenseBASURA.net)
Date: 01/13/04

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:27:31 -0800

I have a Web service that needs to write to the application event log on W
2003 Server. By I know there are number of ways to achieve this, but I'd
like to know what the recommend best practice is for this.

TIA.

--
Peter Bernhardt
SharpSense Software LLC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem referencing web service
    ... > It is my web service and it works fine on my local server. ... Given that this is a web service, you'd probably want to write the error to ... You would want to create an event log ... That will run the event log installer to install the event source, ...
  • Re: IIS default install wont work - Bad Request all the time
    ... > Check the event log for entries related to this, ... > address of the server, check to see if the web service is running. ... Okay Web service is definitely running. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Enterprise Logging does nothing on server
    ... Server, no new entries appear in the Application log after calls to ... When I first used this block, I couldn't write to the event log from a ... web service on my development machine. ... windows app to establish the category, ...
  • Re: Win XP event log: Access denied
    ... You might try enabling some auditing on the server in question in Local ... Security Policy and setting the SACL on the event log files and registry ... I have a web service running on my ...
  • Re: What are the best general things to do after a dirty shutdown (Server SBS)
    ... Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Best Practices Analyzer ... After that, please post any event log errors, just the EventID# and Source names, not the whole error message. ... error 15100 Win32 Error 15100. ... One is indicating it can't retrieve info about the System log. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)