Re: IAS and MD5 error

From: S. Pidgorny (slavickp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/15/03

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:03:08 +1100

Yes, there is a way. Use EAP-TLS (requires certificates on the clients) or
PEAP (doesn't require certs, uses MSCHAP) instead of EAP-MD5.

http://www.microsoft.com/wifi

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-
"Cwilliams" <cwilliams@lmu> wrote in message
> I'm testing out the Windows 2000 IAS server and I'd like to know if there
is
> a way not have to use the reversible encryption?  I do not want to use MD5
> and I do not want to have to force the users to change their passwords to
> get the authentication to work.
> Currently when I try to authenticate the event log shows it's trying to
use
> MD5 and failing due to the password not being reversibly encrypted.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Handheld device remote networking issues into RAS
    ... I know what setting you are talking about in AD to store all passwords in the ... This is off by default in server 2003. ... >> The user domain\user failed an authentication attempt due to the ... >> passwords with reversible encryption, but it is considered a security ...
  • Re: Radius Autentication using Chap
    ... There doesn't exist any feasible "decoding" for MD5. ... the passwords in reversible encryption and have your API provide access to ... >I need to authorized users with Chap, the user's names & password are> in an outside application that I have an API to it and they are not> Windows users. ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • IAS and MD5 error
    ... a way not have to use the reversible encryption? ... and I do not want to have to force the users to change their passwords to ... get the authentication to work. ... MD5 and failing due to the password not being reversibly encrypted. ...
  • RE: Basic question
    ... > curious if this is still true for network/domain authentication. ... from machines that were not in the domain. ... you would need to enable reversible encryption so that the RAS server ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Need to upgrade password security
    ... system in place using mod_auth_mysql and Basic authentication. ... should be able to set their own passwords and change them. ... I've never written any PHP or Javascript, but I'm experienced with CGI. ... relying on basic HTTP authentication ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix)