Re: Security Problem With Windows 2003

From: Robert Moir (bofh_at_mvps.org)
Date: 11/24/03

    Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:48:15 -0000

    Ben F. Marshall wrote:
    > I have a problem that has not been documented anywhere and a couple of
    > 2003 server and when I double click on certain applications, I get
    > the hour glass for a second and then a normal mouse pointer. The
    > application does not run. I can get it to run, however, by right
    > clicking on the application and unchecking the "Run this program with
    > restricted access" and then clicking ok, the program runs immediately.
    >
    > I get no events or error codes.
    >
    > Does anyone have a suggestion?

    What programs? Are they supposed to be Windows 2003 compatible?

    • Re: establishing file association
      ... What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change ... In other words any replies will automatically propagate to the other newsgroup posts. ... In this scenario the message is seen in the groups it is posted to, but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless you cross-post the reply) in which the response was made. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
    • Re: Multiple Windows 2000 and hardware problems
      ... but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless ... frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... and that I would need to restore it from the original Windows ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • Re: Multiple Windows 2000 problems
      ... but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless ... frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... and that I would need to restore it from the original Windows ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)
    • Re: Multiple Windows 2000 and hardware problems
      ... but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless ... frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... and that I would need to restore it from the original Windows ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)
    • Re: Multiple Windows 2000 and hardware problems
      ... but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless ... frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... and that I would need to restore it from the original Windows ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)