Re: Old App new OS

From: Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP] (jmaltz_at_mvps.org)
Date: 11/21/03

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:09:26 -0500

Start with providing an error message, then contacting the software
manufacturer to see what their support policy for 2003 is

--
--Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server]
http://www.visualwin.com - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step
"Eazy_c" <mythben@netscape.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to get an app that worked fine in 98SE through XP Pro to W2K3.
It is a client server app.   It connects to our web servers via HTTP.  I'm
really just trying to get an idea of where I should look to find whatever it
is that is missing or remove whatever it is that is new.

> As I understood it W2k3 installed with many new security features such as
many services not installed by default and or to manual etc.   Keep in mind
this an eval version of server 2k3 setup for the purpose of figuring this
out.  So any and all suggestions will be explored even if I break the
install server :)    I tried installing every service and basically trying
to remove any security present to get this app working to no avail.   I
don't intend on using the application with the OS broken rather we have a
client that for reasons I can't explain needs to run this on 2k3 servers.
They are a huge account and needless to say we have to do what we can to
help them.

> If anyone can give me some direction as to where I might look to find some
answers I'd be grateful.

> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> -EZ-

Relevant Pages

  • Re: startx fails
    ... Subject: startx fails ... Have you looked in the paths shown in the error message? ... configure the netscape http server. ... install, or one on which people have done lots of patches? ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Cant send emails HELP!!!
    ... > Secondly, if AVG is installed using the default install, its mail checking ... > restart Windows Mail and recreate the account. ... > error message, right-click on it, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... have entered the server name correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: follow-up: need advice for installing VPN on Windows Server 2003
    ... I get this error message: ... Active Directory Federation Services ... X In order to install any ADFS component, ... The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.. ...
  • Re: Cant send emails HELP!!!
    ... Secondly, if AVG is installed using the default install, its mail checking ... After you have done both of the above, delete that mail account, then ... error message, right-click on it, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... have entered the server name correctly. ...