Re: Old App new OS

From: Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP] (jmaltz_at_mvps.org)
Date: 11/21/03

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:09:26 -0500

Start with providing an error message, then contacting the software
manufacturer to see what their support policy for 2003 is

--
--Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server]
http://www.visualwin.com - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step
"Eazy_c" <mythben@netscape.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to get an app that worked fine in 98SE through XP Pro to W2K3.
It is a client server app.   It connects to our web servers via HTTP.  I'm
really just trying to get an idea of where I should look to find whatever it
is that is missing or remove whatever it is that is new.

> As I understood it W2k3 installed with many new security features such as
many services not installed by default and or to manual etc.   Keep in mind
this an eval version of server 2k3 setup for the purpose of figuring this
out.  So any and all suggestions will be explored even if I break the
install server :)    I tried installing every service and basically trying
to remove any security present to get this app working to no avail.   I
don't intend on using the application with the OS broken rather we have a
client that for reasons I can't explain needs to run this on 2k3 servers.
They are a huge account and needless to say we have to do what we can to
help them.