Re: How do I pick up the mail servers IP instead of the local ISP?

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/15/03

    Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:18:50 -0800

    I don't have a solution, but I think you probably want to look at
    spammer-tools to do what you want. The sorts of actions that you want to do
    is not something normal mail-originating programs nor mail routers would
    ever want to do, but is very plausible for spammers, so you may want to
    start there.

    Though, I do have to note that if you are able to work around your corporate
    filter, you are coming really close to hacking the filter (and with a
    spammer's tool indeed), so I would be careful about the legal
    ramifications...

    Good luck,

    --
    //David
    IIS
    "Molto" <secret@yahoo> wrote in message
    This has nothing directly to do with MS Proxy2 but the news group is called
    Microsoft.public.proxy, not microsoft.public.MSproxy2 so it appears to be
    about proxies in general and that might very well apply to my problem.
    I pointed out that think there is some kind of filter or routing system on a
    corporate server where much of the mail is bound that filters out non-us
    originating mail.  They won't touch their system and my boss told me to work
    around it.
    As for being a spammer, you can't do a lot of smamming with the 50 to 150
    mails per day that we need to send.
    So do you have any solution?
    "Phillip Windell" <pwindell{at}wandtv*d0t*com> wrote in message
    > What does this have to do with MS Proxy2?
    >
    > I don't think I understand what you are asking, your question and the
    > explaination doesn't make any sense and doesn't seem to fit how mail
    > servers even work to begin with.
    >
    > But what difference does it make what IP# shows in the mail header?,
    > unless you are a spammer trying to hide your identity or are doing
    > something illegal.
    >

    > "Molto" <secret@yahoo> wrote in message
    > > I'm looking for some expert input on how to pick up the IP of my
    > mail server
    > > in the US as apposed to the local ISP.  Most mail programs (Outlook,
    > Eudora,
    > > Etc) attach the local IP of the mail sender and I need to find a
    > work
    > > around.
    > >
    > > We have a website set up in the US and we have total flexibility to
    > > configure the pop, SMTP and HTML web mail there but we can not touch
    > the
    > > corporate systems at the head office that will be receiving the
    > mail.  The
    > > mail can be processed through a local server in the local office or
    > sent
    > > directly to the server in the US.  I want to pass all outgoing mail
    > through
    > > the pop, SMTP and HTML web mail so we can pick up the servers IP.
    > >
    > > If we can not get the US server IP, picking up another US IP would
    > be
    > > acceptable.
    > >
    > > This has something to do with the way mail received at the head
    > office is
    > > sorted by the corporate system and they are not willing to make any
    > changes
    > > to the recipient servers.
    > >
    > > These will not be high volumes of mail, maybe 50 to 150 per day, so
    > I don't
    > > need a bulk mailer.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?  Is there a way to transmit mails to my server in the US
    > so it
    > > can be sent from there without picking up the local IP?  Is there a
    > mailer
    > > that masks my IP here so I can put in the US servers IP?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Molto

    • Re: Loosing spam fight
      ... spammer's mail delivery rate at least in half. ... the sending server is timing out without getting response. ... Since the "cure" for greylisting involves at least cutting the spam rate ... spammer will stop adopting when people stop getting horny or greedy so I guess ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: IMS queued outbound messages
      ... Exchange 5.5 does not have that feature. ... NDR's are generating when a spammer does not hace specific email addresses, ... > MVP for Exchange Server ... If the server is closed for relaying, does that mean no NDR will ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: Can Bass Fishing Games Really Hone Your Skills?
      ... this only gives you the server info - there are other ways to track ... spammer has multiple nyms and addys but always uses this ip range ... spams for cameras, lingerie, golf lessons, and now fishing ... weather with some of the bass fishing games on the market today. ...
      (alt.support.arthritis)
    • Spam, obwohl Relaysicher
      ... dem Passwort backup angemeldet hat und diese Mails ... als wenn die Spammer diverse ... Exchange 2000 Server in der Registry ein paar Logging ... User die SMTP mails verschickt hat. ...
      (microsoft.public.de.exchange)
    • Re: NDR messages...
      ... Ive gone through the various pages closing the open relay, my router firewall doesnt allow any traffic in on email ports. ... Sounds like your server is the victim of a reverse NDR attack. ... Basically a spammer is generating a message to a non-existent email address at your domain, your server generates a non-delivery-message for it but the spammer has provided the address of their intended target as the sender of the email, so your server is routing spam for the spammer under cover of NDRs. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)