Re: Force Logoff if Inactive

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 11/15/03

Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 03:07:34 -0700

Carey, I believe that you misinterpeted the actions
triggered by that checkbox. It causes the user to
have to authenticate in via Welcome screen in order
to resume their session. It does not log the account
off, but rather has treated it much as a switch-user
action.

--
Roger Abell
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4)  MCDBA
"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Go to your Screensaver tab in Display Properties and place a
> check next to "on resume, display Welcome Screen".  This will
> log the user off when the screensaver initiates.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User

-------------------

> "Harry Paratestes" <anon_usr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:
> |
> | Anyone know of tool/script/CMD that will automagically log
> | off lusers after timeout has expired?  Situation we have
> | is lusers habitually locking their workstations and never
> | logging off.  Most recently, we've found out that a couple
> | lusers from a remote office are currently on-travel and
> | left their workstations powered on with screens locked.
> |
> | We have password locked screensaver implemented to kick
> | off after 15 minutes of inactivity.  We'd like ability to
> | subsequently force logoffs after 24-36 hours of inactivity
> | (weekends, business travel, etc.).  We do NOT want to
> | change our current screensaver set up (i.e. don't want to
> | use Winexit.scr or something similar).
> |
> | I looked at Winexit.scr and also for a GPO security
> | setting.  No luck on GPO and Winexit didn't seem to do
> | what I wanted.  Don't want to implement the "working
> | hours" GPO either which would log off or lockout lusers
> | during certain hours of the day (we occassionally have
> | shift work, also some lusers travel to various timezones).

> | screensaver kicks in.  If no activity for 24hrs, luser
> | gets bounced (and/or system reboots).
> |
> | Any tips?  Is this even feasible?
> |
> | HP sends

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Force Logoff if Inactive
    ... I want the locked screensaver to come on ... unlocks workstation or 24 hours of inactivity ... >| off lusers after timeout has expired? ...
  • Re: Force Logoff if Inactive
    ... I want the locked screensaver to come on ... unlocks workstation or 24 hours of inactivity ... >| off lusers after timeout has expired? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Force Logoff if Inactive
    ... I want the locked screensaver to come on ... unlocks workstation or 24 hours of inactivity ... >| off lusers after timeout has expired? ...
  • Re: Force Logoff if Inactive
    ... I want the locked screensaver to come on ... unlocks workstation or 24 hours of inactivity ... >| off lusers after timeout has expired? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Force Logoff if Inactive
    ... > is lusers habitually locking their workstations and never ... > off after 15 minutes of inactivity. ... > change our current screensaver set up (i.e. don't want to ... No luck on GPO and Winexit didn't seem to do ...