Re: How do I pick up the mail servers IP instead of the local ISP?

From: Molto (secret_at_yahoo)
Date: 11/15/03

    Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:58:54 +0800

    This has nothing directly to do with MS Proxy2 but the news group is called
    Microsoft.public.proxy, not microsoft.public.MSproxy2 so it appears to be
    about proxies in general and that might very well apply to my problem.

    I pointed out that think there is some kind of filter or routing system on a
    corporate server where much of the mail is bound that filters out non-us
    originating mail. They won't touch their system and my boss told me to work
    around it.

    As for being a spammer, you can't do a lot of smamming with the 50 to 150
    mails per day that we need to send.

    So do you have any solution?

    "Phillip Windell" <pwindell{at}wandtv*d0t*com> wrote in message
    > What does this have to do with MS Proxy2?
    >
    > I don't think I understand what you are asking, your question and the
    > explaination doesn't make any sense and doesn't seem to fit how mail
    > servers even work to begin with.
    >
    > But what difference does it make what IP# shows in the mail header?,
    > unless you are a spammer trying to hide your identity or are doing
    > something illegal.
    >

    > "Molto" <secret@yahoo> wrote in message
    > > I'm looking for some expert input on how to pick up the IP of my
    > mail server
    > > in the US as apposed to the local ISP. Most mail programs (Outlook,
    > Eudora,
    > > Etc) attach the local IP of the mail sender and I need to find a
    > work
    > > around.
    > >
    > > We have a website set up in the US and we have total flexibility to
    > > configure the pop, SMTP and HTML web mail there but we can not touch
    > the
    > > corporate systems at the head office that will be receiving the
    > mail. The
    > > mail can be processed through a local server in the local office or
    > sent
    > > directly to the server in the US. I want to pass all outgoing mail
    > through
    > > the pop, SMTP and HTML web mail so we can pick up the servers IP.
    > >
    > > If we can not get the US server IP, picking up another US IP would
    > be
    > > acceptable.
    > >
    > > This has something to do with the way mail received at the head
    > office is
    > > sorted by the corporate system and they are not willing to make any
    > changes
    > > to the recipient servers.
    > >
    > > These will not be high volumes of mail, maybe 50 to 150 per day, so
    > I don't
    > > need a bulk mailer.
    > >
    > > Any ideas? Is there a way to transmit mails to my server in the US
    > so it
    > > can be sent from there without picking up the local IP? Is there a
    > mailer
    > > that masks my IP here so I can put in the US servers IP?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Molto

    • Re: How do I pick up the mail servers IP instead of the local ISP?
      ... This has nothing directly to do with MS Proxy2 but the news group is called ... corporate server where much of the mail is bound that filters out non-us ... >> corporate systems at the head office that will be receiving the ... >> need a bulk mailer. ...
    • Re: How do I pick up the mail servers IP instead of the local ISP?
      ... filter, you are coming really close to hacking the filter (and with a ... corporate server where much of the mail is bound that filters out non-us ... As for being a spammer, you can't do a lot of smamming with the 50 to 150 ... >> corporate systems at the head office that will be receiving the ...
    • Re: Has someone found a way of using OSX for mass mailings at last?
      ... mail I didnt send was rejected as a bulk mailer by some server. ... Someone is just spoofing mail from your address or domain. ... trick that many spammers use, using an open mail relay to cover their ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)
    • How do I pick up the mail servers IP instead of the local ISP?
      ... I'm looking for some expert input on how to pick up the IP of my mail server ... If we can not get the US server IP, picking up another US IP would be ... This has something to do with the way mail received at the head office is ... need a bulk mailer. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)