GPEDIT.MSC - Greyed out sections!

From: Mike Matheny (mikematheny_at_swbelldotnet)
Date: 11/14/03

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:04:13 -0600

Fresh install of Win2K3 Enterprise, logged on as Domain Admin.
Running GPEDIT.MSC, under Computer Configuration, ALL account policies and
under Local Policies, ALL Audit Policies are grayed out! All other sections
are fine, and I can change them. Also, under Computer
configuration/Administrative templates, there is no System section!!
What is going on here?

--
Mike Matheny

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Policies partially apply
    ... Group Policy problems are often caused by dns misconfiguration ... > clients which apply the computer policies from an AD Windows 2000 Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: RE: Offline files - synch error message
    ... The settings is done through computer configuration. ... DNS and all other ... policies are operating as expected. ... Also are your other group policies working? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • RE: Users "bypassing" Group Policy restrictions
    ... Policies set to affect the machine (Computer configuration) are ... persistant even if the network is not present. ... legitimate beef with how the AD policies are interferring with their ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: GPEDIT.MSC - Greyed out sections!
    ... I suggest you pick up the GPMC ... "Mike Matheny" wrote in message ... > under Local Policies, ALL Audit Policies are grayed out! ...
  • Re: _Group Policy only 1 of 6 is working
    ... Additional: This AM GPUpdate is now showing the 5 GPOs as "filtering: ... I'm really beginning to dislike group policies. ... >Account Policies / Password Policy ... >Computer Configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)