Restricting Volume Sizes

From: Andy Lamb (alamb_at_nospam.co.uk)
Date: 11/06/03

Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:24:43 -0000

Hi All,

Is there a way you can restrict the amount of space that is allocated to a
certain folder within Windows Server 2000 / 2003. I know you can do it to a
whole disk by using disk quota management, but it would be useful if we
could do it to certain areas. If Windows can't do this, is there a certain
utility or addin I could use?

Thanks All
Andy

Relevant Pages

  • Limit
    ... In Windows Server 2003 - Windows XP Pro: ... Is there a limit to the amount of files per folder, ... subfolders per folder? ... with 25000 subfolders in it... ...
  • Re: Limit
    ... If you use large numbers of files in an NTFS folder, ... In Windows Server 2003 - Windows XP Pro: ... Is there a limit to the amount of files per folder, ... folder with 25000 subfolders in it... ...
  • RE: Client problem browsing certain shares
    ... folder with 400 zip files, ... Does the problem appear on all the Windows Server 2003 computers? ... Install NetBEUI on Windows Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Confusion over IO (Inherit Only) ACE on Vista
    ... In my app I'd like to add an ACE that will inherit down for all existing and newly created folders below it. ... The change of default DACL in Vista does not apply to Windows Server 2003 ... if the folder was created by a member of the Administrators ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • folder redirection for "my documents" will not work while logged on to the win23k server DCs
    ... everything seems to work fine on the xp machines, but i'm running into an issue with "my documents" on the windows server 2003 machines when i log on to the domain controllers. ... when i try accessing the folder i get an "your current security settings do not allow this action" error message. ... oddly, i can access the readable contents in my documents when i access files in "my documents" through explorer; however, i can't run executable files. ...