Re: TCP/IP Filtering works for incomming traffic, but closed my outgoing traffic

From: David Beder [MSFT] (dbeder_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/29/03

    Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 01:36:50 -0700

    Please respond with a more detailed outline of your filtering configuration.
    eg, you brought up the TCP/IP filtering dialog and did abc, opening xyz
    ports...
    thanks

    --
    David
    Microsoft Windows Networking
    "ELIXIR Administrasjon" <nospam_www@elixir.no> wrote in message
    > TCP/IP Filtering works for incomming traffic, but closed my outgoing
    traffic

    > Hi...
    >
    > I have enabled the TCP/IP Filtering on my Windows 2000 Server, and it
    works
    > fine. My problem now is that I cant access the net from that server only
    > access the computers webserver. What I need to be able to, is to access
    the
    > Internet from within the server. This problem is not an issue if I turn
    off
    > the TCP/IP Filtering.
    >
    > Can anyone please guide me in the right direction?.... Should I add an
    port
    > to the Enabled ports to be able to access the internet or what should I
    do?

    > Your Sincerely
    > Bjorn

    • RE: TCP/IP Filtering problem on W2KAS
      ... The problem is that if you are listing ports that are 'allowed' and you ... don't list every dynamic port used by a client to access the DNS ... "Using IPSec to Lock Down a Server": ... I find using the IPSec filters MUCH more useful then the TCP/IP Filtering. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • TCP/IP Filtering works for incomming traffic, but closed my outgoing traffic
      ... TCP/IP Filtering works for incomming traffic, ... I have enabled the TCP/IP Filtering on my Windows 2000 Server, ... Internet from within the server. ... to the Enabled ports to be able to access the internet or what should I do? ...
    • Re: TCP/IP filtering and opening DNS
      ... > I am having some problems with TCP/IP filtering and DNS with my ... > know its something with DNS. ... You also need to open ports above 1024 for outgoing connections. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
    • Re: TCP/IP Filtering Problem
      ... TCP/IP filtering is stateful for TCP but not for UDP. ... The ports you are ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Closing ports
      ... In XP pro the TCP/IP filtering panel has "Permit All" or "Permit Only" ... By and large I found in XP the TCP/IP filtering is only for decoration! ... the lack of direct denomination of the unwanted ports can be worked around? ... > Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer - Security ...