Re: Windows 2003 Enterprise Server - Event ID's 1030 & 1058

From: Bobby Digital (me_at_here.now)
Date: 09/23/03

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:52:53 -0700

Sorry, didn't have direct access to the server at the time. Here are the
messages I'm specifically getting:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1058
Date: 9/23/2003
Time: 2:42:43 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: <computer name>
Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO
cn={C1C213C3-2643-4467-B6A9-5AFC789D3A43},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=<domain>,
DC=<domain>,DC=<domain>. The file must be present at the location
<\\<domain>\SysVol\<domain>\Policies\{C1C213C3-2643-4467-B6A9-5AFC789D3A43}\
gpt.ini>. (Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network
path is correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If
Windows still cannot find the network path, contact your network
administrator. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

and:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1030
Date: 9/23/2003
Time: 2:42:52 PM
User: SUBSPACE\BD
Computer: <computer name>
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event
log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that
describes the reason for this.

When I try to open the path:
<\\<domain>\SysVol\<domain>\Policies\{C1C213C3-2643-4467-B6A9-5AFC789D3A43}
manually on the server (using the Run menu command), I get an error message
saying: 'No network provider accepted the given network path'.

So this is an occasional error, as I said before. Sometimes it happens
every 5 minutes; other times, it will be fine for 15, but then show up again
5 minutes later. Not consistent at all.

I've checked the eventid site for those, and none of those issues seem to
apply to me, and are mostly just for Windows XP.

Any other suggestions?

"Kristofer Gafvert" <kgafvert@NEWSilopia.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have you checked if these links helps you:
>
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1030&source=
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1058&source=
>
> --
> Regards,
> Kristofer Gafvert
> http://www.ilopia.com - FAQ & Tutorials for Windows Server 2003, and SQL
> Server 2000
> Reply to newsgroup only. Remove NEWS if you must reply by email, but
please
> do not.
>

> "Bobby Digital" <me@here.now> wrote in message
> I have a single (multi-homed) Windows 2003 domain controller that is
getting
> these errors and have to figure out is why errors 1058 and 1030 keep
> appearing, usually every 5 minutes, but sometimes only every 15 minutes (2
> 5 min intervals must have been ok). The shares referenced by error 1058
are
> fully accessible from both local and remote computers, and GPO's are also
> fully accessible and editable.
>
> Has anyone figured out why these errors keep reoccurring even though all
the
> proper services are enabled and running?
>
> I read in another posting that the 824146 (RPC vulnerability fix) hotfix
may
> have something to do with it, or even DNS isn't setup properly (my DNS is
> working flawlessly, however).
>
> Anyone have any ideas as to what I can attempt to fix it? The only other
> info I can find is either in these newsgroups, or only pertains to Windows
> XP, which is what my clients are running, but not the server.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows 2003 Enterprise Server - Event IDs 1030 & 1058
    ... didn't have direct access to the server at the time. ... If Windows still cannot find the network path, ... make sure that it only points to the internal DNS server only ...
  • RE: Group Policy access denied
    ... "Windows cannot find the network path. ... Migrating from Small Business Server 2000 or Windows 2000 Server to Windows ... and then click the DNS tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows 2003 Enterprise Server - Event IDs 1030 & 1058
    ... I had to solve this problem on one server few weeks ago, and it appeared, ... Matjaz Ladava, MCSE, Windows MVP ... If Windows still cannot find the network path, ... make sure that it only points to the internal DNS server only ...
  • Re: Windows cannot determine the user or computer name
    ... Event Source: Userenv ... Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. ... I've received the above error since the day I installed the server. ... > Hi Chris, the Userenv 1000 error covers a whole host of things. ...
  • Re: Events 1030 and 1058 logged on domain controller every 5 minutes
    ... WaitForNetwork DWORD value not present on DC01 or DC02 (DC02 does not have ... Server DC02: ... Source: Userenv ... Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO ...