TCP/IP Filtering works for incomming traffic, but closed my outgoing traffic

From: ELIXIR Administrasjon (nospam_www_at_elixir.no)
Date: 09/22/03

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:27:33 +0200

TCP/IP Filtering works for incomming traffic, but closed my outgoing traffic

Hi...

I have enabled the TCP/IP Filtering on my Windows 2000 Server, and it works
fine. My problem now is that I cant access the net from that server only
access the computers webserver. What I need to be able to, is to access the
Internet from within the server. This problem is not an issue if I turn off
the TCP/IP Filtering.

Can anyone please guide me in the right direction?.... Should I add an port
to the Enabled ports to be able to access the internet or what should I do?

Your Sincerely
Bjorn

Relevant Pages

  • RE: TCP/IP Filtering problem on W2KAS
    ... The problem is that if you are listing ports that are 'allowed' and you ... don't list every dynamic port used by a client to access the DNS ... "Using IPSec to Lock Down a Server": ... I find using the IPSec filters MUCH more useful then the TCP/IP Filtering. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • W2K TCP/IP Filtering
    ... I have a new w2k web server getting ready to go online, ... and I'm having some problems with the tcp/ip filtering. ... servers (internet DNS servers with IPs specified in the ... The settings are: TCP Permit only 22,80,443,3389 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • TCP/IP Filtering problem on W2KAS
    ... I've enabled TCP/IP filtering on a W2KAS IIS server. ... conversation with a dns server and receive an answer. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: TCP/IP Filtering works for incomming traffic, but closed my outgoing traffic
    ... eg, you brought up the TCP/IP filtering dialog and did abc, opening xyz ... My problem now is that I cant access the net from that server only ... > to the Enabled ports to be able to access the internet or what should I ...
  • Re: Blocking SQL server by machine name?
    ... Using TCP/IP Filtering is not an option because of DHCP server. ... MAC address but that way that user may not use all the apps in the server. ... Now I know that a person shouldn't be access to the SQL box ... > used account and implement Windows Authentication with nt group membership. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)