Neither 824146 nor 823980 installs (blaster worm)

From: Bill Schneider (bill_s_at_web.de)
Date: 09/14/03

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:37:40 +0200

On 2 of my 3 pdc I cannot install these important patches.

I have Build 1381 with sp6a.

When I start WindowsNT4Server-KB824146-x86-DEU.EXE I get two
message-boxes:
1. Titel: setup-error
text: the process was succesful terminated (original: Der Vorgang
wurde erfolgreich beendet.) It is a box with red cross.
2. Titel: setup-error
text: Installation of windows nt 4.0 hotfix was not finished
(original: die installation des windows 4.0 hotfixes wurde nicht
abgeschlossen.) It is a box with red cross.

There is no entry in any event log.

What can I do? Can I copy the files of the hotfix manually?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Bill Schneider

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Exchange 2000 ms02-025 hotfix Q320436 caused SA to hang on re start[Scanned]
    ... you need to do two things to fix it. ... Delete it and reboot your machine... ... Exchange 2000 ms02-025 hotfix Q320436 caused SA to hang on ... * After hotfix installation, the installer starts up Exchange services. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Unable to Install SQL2005 SP2
    ... Below is the summary.txt from the Hotfix folder. ... Package Language: 1033 ... Product Installation Status ... The log file name is at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: firewall service crash due to ntdll.dll
    ... I have not installed that hotfix yet. ... Update for HTTP issues in Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 ... webprotect filter running on ISA and disabled the filter but eventually ... There have been no recent changes except the installation of SP2 in ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: Batching Hot-fix installation
    ... Subject: Batching Hot-fix installation ... whether a hotfix installation is completed or not BEFORE killing it. ... > in your batch file. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Can not install "fax services" component
    ... Russ Valentine ... [MVP-Outlook] ... USD for this hotfix, as it is not available on the page you quote. ... installation routine states it cannot find the necessary files). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)