Neither 824146 nor 823980 installs (blaster worm)

From: Bill Schneider (bill_s_at_web.de)
Date: 09/14/03

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:37:40 +0200

On 2 of my 3 pdc I cannot install these important patches.

I have Build 1381 with sp6a.

When I start WindowsNT4Server-KB824146-x86-DEU.EXE I get two
message-boxes:
1. Titel: setup-error
text: the process was succesful terminated (original: Der Vorgang
wurde erfolgreich beendet.) It is a box with red cross.
2. Titel: setup-error
text: Installation of windows nt 4.0 hotfix was not finished
(original: die installation des windows 4.0 hotfixes wurde nicht
abgeschlossen.) It is a box with red cross.

There is no entry in any event log.

What can I do? Can I copy the files of the hotfix manually?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Bill Schneider