Re: Event Viewer Security in Windows 2003

From: DeWayne Gibson (dewayne_at_TAKEOUTaracnetSPAM.com)
Date: 09/10/03

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:16:37 -0700

Shawn,

Thanks for your post.

I made the modifications to the registry that you suggested and rebooted the
server. I am still receiving "Access Denied" when trying to open up the
even log from a remote machine. Are there other permissions that are
required in Win2k3?

Thanks again

"Shawn Rabourn (MS)" <shawnrab@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System
>
> RestrictGuestAccess=0
>
> reboot.
>
> --Shawn
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
>
> "DeWayne Gibson" <dewayne@TAKEOUTaracnetSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > On Windows 2000 systems, you do not have to have local admin permissions
> > remotely view Application and System events.
> >
> > I have some applications developers that are no longer able to remotely
> view
> > event logs on systems that have Windows 2003 installed; they receive
> "Access
> > is Denied".
> >
> > Is there a way to configure the server to allow their domain accounts
> access
> > to the event logs? Making them local admins is not really an option.
> >
> > Thanks. I appreciate any help that can be provided.
> >
> > DeWayne Gibson

Relevant Pages

  • Remote Rescue - PXE, SSH, and a remote console?
    ... I've got a Linux server at my parent's house. ... They put in a live cd, configure the box for remote login and e-mail me. ... I login make a change and reboot. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Remote Desktop Connection does not work
    ... Even after a reboot it doesn't always work. ... to the system using remote connection. ... Reboot the server, reset the Cable modem, renboot the server again same ... be working fine except the Remote Desktop connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Did you find a fix? I have the same problem
    ... A Windows 2003 server that has been running fine for 3 years. ... After reboot, also cannot access remotely. ... 1st reboot - logon screen is missing but remote access to server ... I do not want to continue to test the pattern, ...
  • Re: Restarting Windows 2003 server via terminal server connection
    ... But occasionally this also fails so you have to reboot the server ... locally or in our case via the remote insight board. ... Servers reboots ok and the terminal server connection is fine. ... Your Terminal Services Security Website ...
  • Re: Server 2003 and Missing Logon Prompt
    ... Starting from the server with a logon screen, ... 1st reboot - logon screen is missing but remote access to server ... I do not want to continue to test the pattern, ...