Re: Certificate Tamplates in CertSrv Website

From: David Cross [MS] (dcross_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/10/03

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 05:40:30 -0700

The answer is the template names are hard coded in the web site on which are
supressed.

--
David B. Cross [MS]
http://support.microsoft.com
"SKrueger" <info@kr-network.de> wrote in message
> Hallo,
>
> thanks for the answer! But even if it is a Certificate tamplate zo issue
and
> if I have the right to enroll not all certificates are shown in the web
> enrollment page.
>
> My question is what es is needed to enroll a certificate over the website.
> One clear example ist the IPSec online and offline certificate tamplate.
Wy
> is the offline shown in the web enrollment but the standard IPsec tamplate
> not. There must be something else.
>
> S. Krüger
> "Shawn Rabourn (MS)" <shawnrab@online.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
> > For certificate templates to show up in the web enrollment pages, it
needs
> > to have the proper enroll ACE on the template as well as it needs to be
in
> > the policy module as a template to issue.
> >
> > Go into the Certificate Authority Snapin, go to Certificate Templates
and
> > right click on the container and go to "New+Certificate template to
issue"

> > --Shawn
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

> > "SKrueger" <info@kr-network.de> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > i try to understand on what it depends witch certificate types
> (tamplate)
> > > are shown in the Certificate server website (CertSrv) under Windows
2003
> > > Server. One point is the right to issue a certificate. But the
> permission
> > on
> > > certificate tamplates can not be the only thing, because not all
> > > certificates where shown even if i have the permission. primarily
> computer
> > > certificates are not always shown. Depends it on specific settings in
> the
> > > certificate tamplate?
> > >
> > > If someone know more about it please answer!
> > >
> > > S. Krüger

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Event ID 13 - automatic certificate enrollment error
    ... add Domain Controllers to it and check enroll ... > MMC for the certificate authority I can see the certificate templates ... > folder and when I select it I can then see Domain Controller on the ... > manage I can see the template Domain Controller. ...
  • RE: Certsrv and Autoenrollment problem
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... so it will not be instantiated on the template ... Certificate Authority snap-in will show the templates in the Certificate ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: PEAP-TLS with MS NPS
    ... that other then install, and duplicate the template. ... "The user or computer certificate is configured with the Client ... Authentication purpose in Application Policies extensions (also called ... but the workstation authentication cert ...
  • Re: Problems requesting computer certificates on an issuing CA
    ... The exact permissions on my template are: ... I tried to manually enroll for a computer certificate based on ... CA allows the computers to request certificates. ...
  • Re: Error enrolling machine certs
    ... failing to enroll using Domain Controller template. ... certificate templates and to the certificate services - everything that can ... > computer as a local admin to request a computer certificate either through ...