Re: Certificate Tamplates in CertSrv Website

From: Shawn Rabourn \(MS\) (shawnrab_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/08/03

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:11:25 -0400

For certificate templates to show up in the web enrollment pages, it needs
to have the proper enroll ACE on the template as well as it needs to be in
the policy module as a template to issue.

Go into the Certificate Authority Snapin, go to Certificate Templates and
right click on the container and go to "New+Certificate template to issue"

--Shawn

"SKrueger" <info@kr-network.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i try to understand on what it depends witch certificate types (tamplate)
> are shown in the Certificate server website (CertSrv) under Windows 2003
> Server. One point is the right to issue a certificate. But the permission
on
> certificate tamplates can not be the only thing, because not all
> certificates where shown even if i have the permission. primarily computer
> certificates are not always shown. Depends it on specific settings in the
> certificate tamplate?
>
> If someone know more about it please answer!
>
> S. Krüger

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Certsrv and Autoenrollment problem
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... so it will not be instantiated on the template ... Certificate Authority snap-in will show the templates in the Certificate ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: PEAP-TLS with MS NPS
    ... that other then install, and duplicate the template. ... "The user or computer certificate is configured with the Client ... Authentication purpose in Application Policies extensions (also called ... but the workstation authentication cert ...
  • Re: Problems requesting computer certificates on an issuing CA
    ... The exact permissions on my template are: ... I tried to manually enroll for a computer certificate based on ... CA allows the computers to request certificates. ...
  • Re: Error enrolling machine certs
    ... failing to enroll using Domain Controller template. ... certificate templates and to the certificate services - everything that can ... > computer as a local admin to request a computer certificate either through ...
  • Re: Win2003 server: certificate templates
    ... The best way will be to enroll from the web page. ... request a machine certificate from a user account. ... > I created a "serverCert" template by modifying the "computer" template, ... > but I cannot access "serverCert" through the mmc panel. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)