Re: Online Crash Analysis / IE Security in Win2003 - snafu?

From: Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz SBS Rocks [MVP] (sbradcpa_at_pacbell.net)
Date: 09/04/03

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 00:11:53 -0700

You can adjust the settings to add that particular web site to the
"trusted web sites" listing and then it will work just fine.

James Reather wrote:

> My SBS2003RC server has just recovered from a crash - so after a reboot and
> logging on, and clicking to submit the error report, I was taken to the OCA
> website, and I clicked on https://oca.microsoft.com/EN/secure/track.asp?f=11
> to try and track the issue.
>
> I get the .Net passport wizard popup, click Next, then the error "Your
> current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page.
> As as result, the page may not display correctly." appears, and the wizard
> tells me I'm not connected to the internet. Is this a snafu, or "expected
> behaviour" due to IE's new security configuration? If this really is the
> expected behaviour, it looks like joined-up thinking was absent
> somewhere.... :-(
>
> James

Relevant Pages

  • IE6 SP2 New Security Settings Setup??
    ... were some new security settings for Internet Explorer 6.0. ... new settings as well such as 1) Allow active control from CD's to run on My ... I've searched Microsoft's web site and have done Google searches ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • IIS security settings - again!
    ... I have inadvertently changed the security settings for the default web site ... Or information on how I can reset them all to the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: CNAME not working
    ... ntfs permissions or website settings on ANY ... the web server you would have received errors instead. ... create a setting for this web site using ... I have checked and there are no host headers specified, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • RE: Default App Pools and Security Settings for Default Website
    ... Default Web Site and its subsites settings in IIS 6.0. ... On SBS 2003, the DefaultAppPool, the ExchangeMobileBrowseApplicationPool ... Recycling tab, check the box Recycle worker processes at the following ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: permission and redirection problem
    ... IIS 5.1 has a default home page, but this web site is in a virtual ... To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click ... Internet Options. ... If your Network Administrator has enabled it, ...