Online Crash Analysis / IE Security in Win2003 - snafu?

From: James Reather (james.news_at_reather.com)
Date: 09/04/03

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:36:21 +0200

My SBS2003RC server has just recovered from a crash - so after a reboot and
logging on, and clicking to submit the error report, I was taken to the OCA
website, and I clicked on https://oca.microsoft.com/EN/secure/track.asp?f=11
to try and track the issue.

I get the .Net passport wizard popup, click Next, then the error "Your
current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page.
As as result, the page may not display correctly." appears, and the wizard
tells me I'm not connected to the internet. Is this a snafu, or "expected
behaviour" due to IE's new security configuration? If this really is the
expected behaviour, it looks like joined-up thinking was absent
somewhere.... :-(

James