Re: ADSL Security

From: Merv Porter (mwport_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/04/03

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:30:00 -0500

Do a Google search and you'll find that there have been some problems using
USB ADSL modems. I'd go with the Ethernet one unless it's a budget buster.

usb adsl sbs 2000
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=usb+adsl+sbs+2000

--
Merv  Porter  [SBS MVP]
===================================
"Henry" <henry_mc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We are currently upgrading from a dial-up connection to an ADSL broadband
> connection and have the choice of two ADSL modems:
> a) single port modem connected to the server via USB
> b) four port modem that connects to the server via an ethernet connection
> (via a 2nd NIC)
>
> Is there any advantage in either of the two modems from a security
> perspective ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Henry

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ethernet over coax!
    ... for more connection points. ... The FiOS system is fiber to the home. ... If you have multiple modems inside the house, ... Ethernet that didn't rely on CSMA/CD before. ...
    (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
  • Re: ADSL Security
    ... USB ADSL modems. ... I'd go with the Ethernet one unless it's a budget buster. ... > We are currently upgrading from a dial-up connection to an ADSL broadband ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: laptop internet connection on desktop modem
    ... some of those modems have a network cable connection and a usb ... My modem is a Motorola SB5100, which has both USB and Ethernet connectivity. ...
  • Re: Is this web page wrong?
    ... connection between your modem and that line-card, ... If 56K modems are like other modems, then why do they not work at ... NEVER say that PAM can only be used on baseband systems, ... A long wire has an internal capacity, and that affects the signals that ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Two 56K modems connect at different rates
    ... I worked very closely with USRobotics (as they were before the 3Com ... that the standard doesn't just define one connection speed (eg you might ... methods that allow the modems to shift the rates that the channels are ... I'd imagine the Pace modem may be able to do the same. ...
    (uk.telecom)