Re: how to avoid privilege escalation

I don't know how he knows your password, or the password to *another* Administrator account. But I can tell you that you *cannot* logon as a guest (or other limited user account) and escalate or grant yourself privileges to administrator level, only administrators can do this. Is this on a domain or on a stand alone machine? If it's a stand alone my guess is that the built-in administrator account is unprotected, or it was hacked.

John

jose wrote:
HOw he knows, my password?

Its worlds best, complex password....

could you can step me, how this done???/

  • Re: Administrator account not accessible
    ... Was able to logon as the guest and then run the command. ... the snap in computer management. ... Create a new administrator account ...
  • blue screen after administrator logon
    ... I loose my setting like wallpaper, schema, position of desktop icons. ... But after another normal reset i can't logon at my administrator account. ... When im logged as Guest i cant run any program as administrator becouse i've got blue screen too. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Local Computer Policy
    ... If I have a stand alone machine, does anyone know how to not have the Local ... Computer Policy apply to the Administrator account? ... GDC ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: SYsprep with Mini-Setup Wizard
    ... If you want to have the admin-profile copied, yes you need to logon as ... In the computer management console I do see an Administrator account, ... default user profile during sysprep mini-setup. ... old sysprep behaviour you can request a hotfix for rhis. ...
  • Re: Administrator account logon
    ... You'll get the old Win2K style logon. ... the Administrator account on the new Windows XP logon screen, ... www.dougknox.com and go to the Windows XP section. ... After restarting ...