how to lock down a desktop?

I have couple desktop which needs to only launch one application and nothing
else. So, when use remote desktop to it, they just login and start the appl
(either desktop or start menu).

how to lock down a windows xp pro or windows 7, so, there is only one app?

i know it might be a lengthly steps or process, i welcome url to site with
step by step instructions.

thanks.

  • Re: Windows XP Remote Desktop Settings...
    ... I have a Windows XP machine to which other people are ... but the settings don't seem to have any affect at all - users are still ... - Launch mstsc.exe. ... for a program to start when a user logs in via remote desktop, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Active Sync problem
    ... Try ActiveSync Keys to set the device to connect as a guest from ... www.pocketpcfaq.com/applications or Killsync when they login so ActiveSync ... > Windows 2003 SBS machine running exchange. ... > his/her data with the person who is logged in via remote desktop. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: remote desktop login
    ... If you saved your login credentials I would delete them and trying logging in again. ... Open the Remote Desktop connectoid, select Options and select "delete these credentials". ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience) ... The RDP server is a RDP 6.0 Windows XP based PC. ...
  • Re: Restrictions on Non Administrator Remote Desktop Logins in Windows 2003?
    ... In the local group of the Windows 2003 server box named "Remote Desktop ... machine is able to login as one of those two user connections. ...
  • Re: Login issues w/ other software - registry permissions?
    ... This customer has Windows XP Home edition. ... the software and tried to launch it - it request a login and password. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)