Security Update for Windows XP KB923561 failed to install

in addition, when i shut down my home computer, running windows xp home
edition, it always has that icon that means there's an update that needs to
be installed. it happens every day, which, to me, means it didn't work each
time.

and every couple of days or so, the yellow shield icon comes up on the lower
right and prompts me to install a security update and it fails every time.
and it's always kb923561.

  • Re: installation issues with Visual Studio .NET
    ... >I am new to VS .NET and am currently trying to install it ... > on my home computer, which is running Windows XP Home. ... > system settings have changed. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • instalation wizard doesnt start
    ... I am running windows 2000 professional and i can't install ... I can save them to disk and the when i click ... on the icon nothing happens. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Windows XP installing programs
    ... Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS] ... > I'm running windows xp on a home computer with 3 ... > to install it under. ...
  • installation issues with Visual Studio .NET
    ... I am new to VS .NET and am currently trying to install it ... on my home computer, which is running Windows XP Home. ... system settings have changed. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • Re: Office 2007 Prof. constant crashing
    ... If you do not have any other printer icon in Printers and Faxes folder, ... On the User Account Control window, ... Please download and install the software from below weblink: ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)