Re: Internet surfing being logged

"Gerard" <elishaphat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on his last day at work,

Hello to all.
I discovered my boss is spying on the surfing habits of the employers
on the network.

Boss? As in employer? As in it's their network?

He is using the administrator at the server's computer to check the
logs of the networked computers.
I figured if I change the IP address of my computer , and/or change
the user name, by opening a new user account he wouldn't be able to
figure out the identity of the computer doing the surfing.

You figured wrong on a lot of counts.

I have
sufficient privileges to carry out these changes.

But not sufficient sense to think it through.

Is it possible also to change the computer name? I assume the server
is either a Windows 2000 or 2003 PC.
My PC is a Windows XP computer.

'Your' PC, or your employer's PC? Most companies would have your ass
out the door before you had time to call mommy or daddy to pick you up.
Don't plan on listing this job in your employment history.

Tell me, you're joking right?

Really, which is this; a joe-job or a troll? The real Gerard do
something to piss you off?

Regards,

Leonard Agoado
agoado@xxxxxxx

  • Re: Internet surfing being logged
    ... I discovered my boss is spying on the surfing habits of the employers ... on the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Internet surfing being logged
    ... I discovered my boss is spying on the surfing habits of the employers ... on the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Using a home T-1 line to evade company filtering
    ... > network policy - if you had, you would know that most companies don't ... under "Pringles Can Antenna", ... any contracts with any employers. ... just for using my ISP. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • **IT HIT THE FAN!!
    ... I read about a $20 program called TAME that would fix this problem - just download it, install it, and I would be ready to go. ... I uninstalled Tame and decided I would not look at the keyboard while typing and I would not notice the speed. ... Notified the boss I would be "dead in the water" that day and did they want to reassign the work I had to another MT or wait until tomorrow? ... Hooked up the new computer, checked the cables for the network, and everything looked fine, but it said "Network not accessible." ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Perhaps the most OBVIOUS question you will ever see.
    ... Packets to and from machines on the wired network are not ... > sent over the wireless, ... the attacker would need to compromise a machine on the ... my boss is under the impression that since we ...
    (microsoft.public.security)