Re: Multiple event IDs 675, 676 and 681

Hello Madrilleno,

Basically these are authentication errors, maybe through some service accounts where you changed passwords? So if you check the events, are they pointing to users or computers?

Did you look here:
675
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=675&eventno=62&source=Security&phase=1
676
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=676&eventno=668&source=Security&phase=1
681
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=681&eventno=3&source=Security&phase=1

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I have a domain running in mixed mode which has two Server 2008 DCs
and a Server 2000 DC. The server 2000 DC holds the five FSMO roles.

I am seeing a lot of Event ID 675,676 & 681 in the security logs
denoting authentication failures.

I have trawled around on the Internet for hours, but have not found
any pointers to why these are happening.

The DC is a virtual server which I am using to stage on my route to
running the domain as Server 2008 native. There are no corresponding
errors on the 2k8 DCs.

  • impersonation
    ... I have a web application using DCOM to Communicate to an application server. ... reference to these errors can be found in the Web server's event log. ... If the site was to be configured not to use impersonation, ... For a brief time the application did show signs of Authentication errors, ...
  • Re: Service Unavailable
    ... Try Restarting IIS ... Also check your event logs for any authentication errors. ... >I Have Two Server One is ClientAnd One is AD ... > Now I run SPS and error messesage is happened ...
  • Re: Database Authentication Error in FP
    ... turning on failure audits in SQL Server and check the SQL ... Server log to see what account is failing. ... there are different types of authentication errors that can ... >connection to the SQL database I get an Authentication error. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • SMTP connector: HELO okay, EHLO sucks
    ... same network so i want to transfer from SERVER A directly ... SMTP communication. ... I tried with EHLO and i have always errors and mail not ... always authentication errors in the event ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • RE: New Update for #70-299
    ... > Segment A contains a single server named TestKing1. ... > Segment B contains all other computers, ... > TestKing?s written security policy states that Segment B ... > Updates on all computers in Segment B to use ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)