Re: Domain Admin vs Local Admin

No they are not imaged.

"Meinolf Weber" wrote:

Hello Chad,

Do you use images for installing the clients? Are they sysprepped?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

I have been installing software on devices in the domain but I have
run into trouble with some PC's. I run the install for the program
while I am logged on as a domain admin but it gives me an error saying
" You must have administrator rights in order to run....". I check
the local Administrators group and the Domain Admin group is in the
Local Administrators group, but I still cannot install. I log on as
the local Administrator and I am able to install the software. What's
going on?

  • Re: Domain Admin vs Local Admin
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... "Meinolf Weber" wrote: ... in the Local Administrators group, but I still cannot install. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Assigning applications to clients with USER GROUP privilege
    ... johnG typed: ... > network they were not able to install frontpage because the desktop ... >>> the client user but the application won't get assigned to a user who ... >> I don't like adding users to the local administrators group. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: GPO on TCPIP settings?
    ... I wont to deny all domain users and Local administrators the ability to ... Which GPO settings are for this responsible? ... I would suggest to remove their user accounts from the local administrators group on their workstations for your and the company's peace of mind. ... This will also reduce support calls for accidental changes, deletions, and the fact that viruses and spyware can install under their user accounts. ...
  • Re: Rights on Xp in 2000 Domain
    ... few users could not run MS Access 2000 unless they were a member of the ... local Administrators group. ... > systems Admin group and couldn't do it, ... >> Another idea is for you to install all of the software that they are ...
  • Re: group policy question
    ... > You need to make sure they are local administrators on the affected ... > workstations in order to be able to install software, ... >> domain admins since there are subsites we do not want them to access, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)