Re: Group policy still applying even though disable on domain

Hello boe,

If you play aorund with the default policies, you can not go back easily to the startup settings. If you like to change settings in a GPO you have to UNDO the change, if a setting was enabled you have to disable it. So create for your needs always your own policies and think about if it should effect the complete domain or better link it to OU's built on your needs. Then you have to move the users or computers to the special OU's. Also the Password policy has to be set on the domain level and on NO other place. It will no twork if you configure it to another OU.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I am having issues with the default domain policy applying to my
computer even though it is disabled on the domain and am looking for a
way to to remove all references to it on the local machine if
possible.

Here is a brief synopsis of what I have done that led me to this
point:
1.Machine was currently on the domain while I used Security
Configuration
and Analysis tool to make some changes to the local machine as part of
security checklist.
2.Noticed that changes were not applying on this machine, so I grabbed
.sdb file I had created on another workstation and copied it over to
this one.
3.I was able to make all the changes needed while using the new .sdb
file.
Once everything was done, I removed it from the domain in preparation
build an image of the drive.
4.After removing it from the domain and building the image of the
drive, I
then went forth and re-added it to the domain. After the reboot and
login, I
noticed that the changes I had made have been reverted back to what
they were
before.
5.After running a gpresult /v on the computer, I noticed that the
Domain Policy was still being applied to this workstation.
I am not sure what my next course of action should be. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. If you need more info, please let me know.

Thank You,

Boe

.