Re: Renaming or deleting the systems (owner) folder.

Hello Jacquie,

Firstly, if you can not delete the complete folder, take item by item and see what file causes the problem. Then try to cut and paste it to the c:\drive and delete it there. Did it more often this way and works.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Okay so here's the skinny....I'm trying to fix a family laptop to be
passed down to someone else in the family...I've changed the
owner/computer/location/company name, however, the original file
folder from the first family member is still located under the
documents and settings and it will not let me rename/delete it saying
that it is a system folder and required by windows....and of course
the original system discs are no where to be found so I can't rebuild
the @#$% thing. I have done most of the clean/performance tune-up and
it is working just fine....this is probably just an annoyance to me
but is there anyway to change it over to the new owner name or is it
just something they'll have to live with?

  • Re: Various File Save error messages with Word 2004 and Tiger (10.4.2) Server
    ... Word is having various problems saving to remote home folder (henceforth RH, ... admins will have a logon script to mount the server ... Find out everything about Microsoft Mac Newsgroups at: ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Windows 7 My user folder is invisible
    ... I've never used newsgroups, but I'd like to try that. ... Now I use Windows Live Mail; ... I stumbled on a "fix" for the problem of finding my user folder (though ... In an elevated Command Prompt window, you should be able to use the ...
  • RE: Remote Web Workplace
    ... not have Full Control to the "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder. ... we need to add appropriate permissions to each folder. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Deleting 2 newsgroups-keep the third one
    ... Bruce Hagen MS-MVP - (IE/OE) ... "Ron Sommer" wrote in message ... so it will not apply to all newsgroups. ... >> of the Folder Tree. ...
  • RE: Moving client programs folder to another location
    ... I understand that you followed KB 830254 to move ClientApps shared folder ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)