How to encrypt data once it has been backed up

All,

I run a daily backup using Veritas Backup exec v9.1 but this does not
give an option to encrypt the data. I send my tapes to offsite storage
and want to make sure the data is not stole so how can I encrypt the
data, is there a 3rd party tool I can use?

Thanks and Regards,

Barry.

  • RE: Securing Backups via Encryption
    ... Perry Metzger suggested he had helped customers encrypt tapes using ... Subject: Securing Backups via Encryption ... What are you using to encrypt data that goes to tape? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • NTBACKUP not recognizing free media
    ... We have been using Veritas Backup Exec, ... I can't get ntbackup to recognize available ... "There is no unused media available with the selected ... This happens with all tapes that I try. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: How to encrypt data once it has been backed up
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... I run a daily backup using Veritas Backup exec v9.1 but this does not ... give an option to encrypt the data. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Keeping Logs files for how long?
    ... I'm currently trying to find out what regulations we would have to ... And we've seen a lot of good information about logging ... If you encrypt the data - are you going to store this on tapes? ... This is an important point as tapes degrade and encryption is not ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Securing Backups via Encryption
    ... We use Gnupg and a public/private key pair on each server to encrypt the ... We don't use tapes, but hard ... > I am interested in how many of you are securing your backups via encryption. ... > What are you using to encrypt data that goes to tape? ...
    (Security-Basics)