my pc freezing so easily

Hello.

My PC connected LAN, win2000 1G clk. with 128MB RAM, is freezed so soon, just only using MS Word or Excel. I have checked the HDD more than 10GB free space but always no problem. One thing hooking my mind now is virus software, whether or not 128MB RAM is enough to use other application with it. Cause the task monitor shows the free physical memory space after booting, as no application running, is only 10-20MB.

Could you let me know how much is needed the PC to use with Virus Buster, Trandmicro, normally?

O.T.

.