my pc freezing so easily

Hello.

My PC connected LAN, win2000 1G clk. with 128MB RAM, is freezed so soon, just only using MS Word or Excel. I have checked the HDD more than 10GB free space but always no problem. One thing hooking my mind now is virus software, whether or not 128MB RAM is enough to use other application with it. Cause the task monitor shows the free physical memory space after booting, as no application running, is only 10-20MB.

Could you let me know how much is needed the PC to use with Virus Buster, Trandmicro, normally?

O.T.

  • Re: my pc freezing so easily
    ... should not be hard to do with the prices of RAM today. ... Cause the task monitor shows the free physical memory space after ... Could you let me know how much is needed the PC to use with Virus Buster, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: slow Dell Dim 2400
    ... Even with 77MB of free physical memory showing, ... >TM shows 77MB of free physical memory, so I question if it is the ram. ... >I defrag and scan for viruses regularly (Norton internet security). ... >'teatimer' in spyware, thinking it may be the problem...no effect. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: my pc freezing so easily
    ... MS recommends 64 MB RAM as a minimum, but if you have a lot of applications running even 128 MB RAM is not sufficient. ... than 10GB free space but always no problem. ... now is virus software, whether or not 128MB RAM is enough to use other ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)